The process has the following steps:
4. Click "Start"
5. Accept terms of service
6. Fill in the form with your personal data
7. Receiving the mail with the link
You will receive an e-mail from the Generalitat de Catalunya with the instructions to register for idCAT Mòbil using a video identification.
8. Identity verification
Once you receive the email, you will have to access the link from your mobile phone and enter the code you will receive by SMS to the indicated mobile phone.
If you are waiting for the SMS and it does not arrive after a few minutes, check that you are entering the mobile phone number correctly and try again. In case you are putting it correctly:
- Check our Service Status webpage to check if there is a general incident affecting the reception of SMS.
- Check that you have not blocked SMS from some senders or that your mobile phone does not have any telephone SPAM blocking software.
- Add mobile 600 12 47 12 to your contact list and try again.
- Contact your telephone operator to verify that they are not blocking the SMS input from the 600 12 47 12 mobile phone.
9. Video identification process
You will have to scan the QR code from your own mobile or continue from the link shown on the screen. The tool gives the instructions by audio, you will have to show your ID (front and back) and look at the camera (you will have to allow access to the video camera). Once done, the system will tell you that identification is complete.
9. Validation and confirmation
Once you have completed the video identification process, an operator will verify your identity and register you in the mobile idCAT service. You will receive an email with the result of the verification within 48 hours (excluding public holidays).